MONTANA GIVES BACK
HELPING SUPPORT STUDENTS IN COMMUNITY SERVICE!
- We are excited to open a celebration of community service around Montana. High School Counselors asked us to help them connect students to community service options, so we jumped in to help! Join this chance to give back and invite your team and friends along. It is open to all students and to anyone interested in giving back!
- Community service opportunity for students to gain credentials & an award for giving back!
- This is a great new way to boost a student's resume and scholarship applications.
- Free for students to participate and earn credentials.
- An overall High School Award will be given to the high school that offers the most community service hours in this school year!
- More information @ www.MontanaGivesBack.com
- This program runs from September - May.
- In this time, students can gain special gold, silver, & bronze awards and credentials.
- All of Montana is invited!
- We specially focus this effort to give back in community service to High School students in Montana, but all students are welcome to participate.
- Here is your chance to give to your community and Montana while also gaining a service miro-credential for your resume and boost your scholarship application!
- Community services opportunities are available across all of Montana. You are welcome to choose the service of your choice to give back. Here is a list of a few ideas below, but please pick the community service that means the most to you.
- List of some example service ideas:
- Help clean up your neighborhood or community! Organize a team clean-up with your fellow classmates!
- Start a coat drive or student supplies drive to students in need.
- Help teach a child to read or offer free tutoring services or teach a child how to play an instrument
- Become a field trip chaperone
- Become a teen counselor to help mentor other students
- Join a group like Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Donate stuffed animals to kids in hospitals or visit the local hospital residents.
- Organize a safe Halloween outing for kids in your neighborhood
- These are just a few...have fun and give back to your community and Montana as a whole! Here is your chance to join in this statewide effort to give back!
- Give back to your own community
- Give back to Montana
- Earn a "Certificate of Achievement" & Micro-Credential for your resume.
- Gain more reason to apply for scholarships
- Step 1: Find a way to give back to your community?
- Step 2: Do the community service in the timeframe of September - May.
- Step 3: Submit in an online form your total hours served throughout September - May.
- Step 4: Print off Certificate & use this micro-credential on your resume, in scholarship applications, etc.